Re: ppp problem

   I am now able to connect to my ISP.  I was placing the 'noauth' option =
   in the wrong file!  I finally figured out how to correctly place it in =
   /etc/ppp/peers/provider.  Now, the link comes up, but I get this error =
   from pppd - pppd[158]: Cannot determine ethernet address for proxy ARP.

   Where should I look for the cause of this error?

Don't worry about this.  It just means that proxy ARP isn't set up on
the other end.  This isn't normally desirable for use with an ISP
anyway.

If the link doesn't work, it's probably not related to this error.