enlightnement

Dear All,

I would like to change my window manager because I am a bit bored with
fvwm2. I have chaecked enlightenment and liked what I saw. Has anayone had
experience with installing it? It seems to require alot of libraries which
exists as rpm packages but I can't install them using alien. I haven;t
used alien before so I don't know if I am to blame or alien cannot handle
those rpm files. Could someone briefly descrie how they installed
enlightenment on their debian system. I though of using theosurce files
and compiling everything but am a bit worried of messing up my system by
installing libraries which already exist and am not very sure as to where
things shoul;d go Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
George

George Kapetanios
Churchill College