Re: dpkg: `error setting ownership of symlink'

Mike Hill <mikehill@hgeng.com> writes:
MH> Is there something I can do to get around this error?
MH> 	dpkg: error processing tk4.2.4.2p2-7.deb (--install):
MH> 	 error setting ownership of symlink
MH> `usr/doc/tk4.2/changelog.gz': No such file or directory

This sounds like a problem that came up in the early 2.1.8x kernels.
It was fixed around 2.1.85, I think.  If you're running a kernel of
this vintage, upgrading to a current development kernel will solve the
problem.

--
/                             \  "The cat's been in the box for over