Re: zyxel omni.net isdn modem?

You don't need the isdn package or anything special like that. You need to 1) do
the spid setup, which you only do once and never again so you don't need to put
this into your scripts or anything like that 2) make a chat string. For my
'connect' argument which is passed to pppd, I use:

connect "/usr/sbin/chat -v -t 120 ABORT BUSY ABORT 'NO CARRIER' '' ATE0V1 OK
ATB40 OK ATDI5551212 CONNECT"

I authenticate using PAP. Note that ATB40 puts the TA into "PPP Sync-To-Async"
mode which is what makes this work with the standard pppd.

Michael Legart wrote:

> hi!
>
> can someone help me with a zyxel omni.net isdn modem?
>
> i have some problems getting et up-n-running in linux.
>
> acutally i have no idea how to do it ... it tried the isdn package, with no
> luck at all...
>
> please reply to my email addy... thanks :)
>
> regards,
> michael-legart@jensen.com
> badpixel of bad sector
>
> --