Re: Windows under DosEmu

On Sun, Mar 15, 1998 at 04:55:24PM -0600, Asher Haig wrote:
> I'm told that it's possible to run Windows under DosEmu. What's the truth
> in this?

You *can* run Win3.1 under Dosemu, and there is a lot of documenattion in
/usr/doc/dosemu about it, BUT: You need Windows and Os/2 license.

Better to use a windows emulator. Wine is there, and Twin also (no TWIN
debian package at the moment, because TWIN does not compile under libc6. You
can find it under http://www.willows.com).

> Please no responses asking why I want to run Windows... It's a need, not
> a desire.

I would recommend to buy Wabi. It is low cost from caldera and does its job
pretty good (much better than the free emulators).

Or run it in a Network. There are several possibilities. One is the use of
Vnc server onthe Windows machine and vncclient on the Linux machine or the
other way round.

Thank you,
Marcus