Re: xterm problems

Yeah, I mentioned this on the list a few days ago.

Grab a copy of /etc/terminfo/x/xterm from a bo machine and it will work
OK.  Seems that Debian decided to go with a new version of xterm that the
rest of the world does not work with yet.

An alternative is setting your TERM environment variable to xterm-old when
you get onto the hamm machine.

On Tue, 17 Mar 1998, Hamish Moffatt wrote:

> I'm having big problems using an xterm running on X11R6.3 on Solaris 5.6
> to work on a Debian hamm box. The terminal does not draw properly in
> curses programs like ncftp and vi is practically unusable -- as seen as I
> hit enter to move down a line it clears the screen!
>
> The terminfo definitions (dumped with infocmp) are included below. I installed
> the debian xterm definition on Solaris but this just made the xterm
> work badly on local Solaris stuff too and didn't fix the linux problem.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> thanks,
>
> hamish

George Bonser
Just be thankful that Microsoft does not manufacture pharmaceuticals.
http://www.debian.org