Re: Unable to login

"William D. Rendahl" wrote:
  >We have a box here running 1.3.1 that is only
  >allowing root to login.  Any other account gives:
  >
  >Unable to cd to "/home/billr"
  >
  >(or that user's home) immediately after the password
  >is entered.   The system only has one partition.

So - has something happened to /home or its contents?

Log in as root and see if /home/billr exists, what its permissions are
and whether you can cd into it.

`ls -l /home' should show something like this:

drwxr-xr-x  51 billr    billr        2048 Mar 16 21:30 billr

If billr doesn't own /home/billr, you may not be able to use it even if it
exists.  That would be down to the permissions.