FAQ's should be updated for newbies

Hiya.  I just installed Debian 1.3.1 onto a spare partition of my system
this weekend.  The installation faq found on www.debian.org was very
helpful in getting it installed on my system.  However, the DSELECT faq
was far from helpful... in fact, it was apalling how it ignores the novice
user such as myself.

So I have DSELECT up and running, and I have to choose the first item on
the menu (0 - Access) in order to tell DSELECT where the packages are.
Does the FAQ tell me what to do here?  No.  The FAQ assumes that I am an
experienced user, and would know what a "Block Device" is.  But I don't.

The FAQ for dselect is lacking in this area.  It should give step-by-step
instructions on using it, so that newbies such as myself can get it up and
running without having to call up their Linux-guru friends at 2am.

Thanks for listening to the rant,
Alec Muzzy
muzzy@wolfenet.com
http://www.wolfenet.com/~muzzy