Re: OFF: Re: viewing binary files

On 15 Mar 1998, Carey Evans wrote:

> Justin Liu <justin@quickturn.com> writes:
>
> > I know this is unrelated, but does anyone know how to do the same thing
> > under other Unices?  More specifically SunOS/Solaris?
>
> Some Unices will have reset themselves.
>
> Have a look at the tset man page.  You might also be able to use "stty
> sane" followed by "tput reset".  If things are really screwed up, you
> might need to type "^Jstty sane^J", where ^J is control-J.

I often make a script called my.reset that simply echo's ^O (letter o).
If this attachment worked right, then you should be able to use it without
any problem.  Fyi, ^O puts the terminal back into text mode which is the
only problem I've ever had after reading a binary.

Brandon

-----
Brandon Mitchell <bhmit1@mail.wm.edu>   "We all know linux is great... it
PGP: finger -l bhmit1@cs.wm.edu          does infinite loops in 5 seconds"
Phone: (757) 221-4847                      --Linus Torvalds
#!/bin/sh
echo