Strange disappearance of 'perl-base' in hamm

Hi All,

Having a bit of bother trying to get hamm Dselect to install _anything_ ...
It keeps complaining that it can't locate 'perl-base'.

After a bit of hunting around, I discovered that a package named
'perl-base' is indeed listed among the /base/ packages of hamm in the
'Packages' index-file on the ftp site, but there is _no such package_ that
I could find in the corresponding 'base' ftp directory.  No wonder my
Dselect was confused!

What's the story here?  Am I missing something obvious?

perplexed :)

Andre.