Re: Oddity in /var/adm/messages

On Thu, 12 Mar 1998, George Bonser wrote:

> On Thu, 12 Mar 1998, Erik van der Meulen wrote:
>
> > I have noticed something strange in my logfiles.
> > Since march 8, my /var/adm/messages show only lines like these:
[snip]

> I would start by looking to see if /etc/syslog.conf got trashed somehow.

Followed by recreating the files that syslogd uses (rm and touch).
Finally, do a fsck on your harddrives using a rescue disk if necessary.

Brandon

-----
Brandon Mitchell <bhmit1@mail.wm.edu>   "We all know linux is great... it
PGP: finger -l bhmit1@cs.wm.edu          does infinite loops in 5 seconds"
Phone: (757) 221-4847                      --Linus Torvalds