Re: Icons in windows managers

adavis@netpci.com hat gesagt: // adavis@netpci.com wrote:

> For a long time, since two days after I first installed a pre 1.3 debian
> system, most of the icons in fvwm2 menus stopped working.  Until the latest
> afterstep, only root could get all the icons in afterstep, but the latest
> afterstep improves this at least to some extent.
>
> Is this a permissions issue?  I have waited for over half a year to bring
> this issue up, hoping that some package upgrade would solve it, but no luck
> until this afterstep upgrade (maybe).  I tried tweaking permissions on the
> icon files and their directories, with no effect.

Maybe something is wrong with the IconPath specified in your config-files. I
don't know about afterstep but in fvwm2 you can set the path where to look
for icons in ~/.fvwm2rc. Maybe root has set this to another path than normal
users so root can find the icons and user x cannot.
--
  Frank Barknecht		Das Koelner Stadt- und Unimagazin