Re: Newbie question-install ethernet card

On Thu, Mar 12, 1998 at 04:55:08AM +0100, Remco Blaakmeer wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Mar 1998, zhang xu wrote:
> >   how can I install the 3c509b ethernet card on my
> > Debian box?
>
> The simplest approach is to use the program "3c5x9cfg.exe" that comes with
> the DOS drivers to disable PnP support
Why is this necessary? I think at least since 2.0.20 the standard
3c509 driver can handle the PnP mode. I never disable PnP on 3com's for
a year now, they just work.

I did however have problems using them together with PnP soundcards.
These can be solved using isapnp

Nils

| Quotes from the net:  L> Linus Torvalds, W> Winfried Truemper               |
| L>this is the special easter release of linux, more mundanely called 1.3.84 |
| W>Umh, oh. What do you mean by "special easter release"?. Will it quit      |
* W>working today and rise on easter?                                         *