Re: Mostly fresh start install?

On Tue, 10 Mar 1998, T-SNAKE wrote:

> > > prompted questions and I think totally screwed sendmail... so I'm
> > > gonna start over. BUT, I'm not sure what the best way to proceed is.
> > Why not just de-install sendmail and then re-install it again. If you
> > de-install it you may see messages about x,not why not, etc. Ignore
> > those and just install. - Try this first before you throw the baby
> > with the bath.
>
> Sounds smart, if the other option of re-running the post-install script
> doesn't work, BUT how does one de-install sendmail? Is this a dselect
> activity? Do I just de-install sendmail* or are there lots of files I gotta
> take out? Also, what do I do when dselect bitches about dependancies (assuming
> it will)?
> Thanks,
No just "dpkg --remove sendmail" and it probably will refuse claiming that
app 1 depends on sendmail and app1 is installed, etc.

Then next do "dpkg --install sendmailX.Y.deb", where X and Y refers to the
numbers of the sendmail deb file. Sendmail should install and then you can
play with options.

Daniel J. Mashao
Electrical Engineering                daniel@comgate.ee.uct.ac.za
University of Cape Town	       	    http://www.ee.uct.ac.za/~daniel
Rondebosch, 7700, S. Africa    (w) 27+21+650 2816   (h) 27+21+705 1233