Re: ibcs, modulo.

Hi Pedro!

First of, two things:

a) this mailing list is in english
b) there is an spanish mailing list ;-)

<Si no te molesta te contestare en ingl'es>

On Sun, 8 Mar 1998, PEDRO FERNANDEZ wrote:

> Trabajo con Debian 1.3.1. y esto tratando de cargar el modulo ibcs,
> para que pueda ejecutar programas de otros unix, mi caso es el del
> System V, y Solaris 2.4.  Pero con la version de Kernel que tengo 2.0.3,
> me dice que no puede este modulo ejecutarse con este Kernel, a
> continuación me bajo del ...debian.or, otro modulo que precisa la
> libreria libc6, que también bajo, pero al ir a incluir este modulo, me
> dice que es incompatible con la libc5 que ya existe.

I'm not a kernel expert, but I found that

versioned kernels work great with unversioned modules --> you set this in
kernel config options before you compile it

What do you refer exactly in "al ir a incluir este modulo", I guess that
you want to say install, iBCS module itself doesn't depends on libc or any
libraries (its a contradiction), but a program that comes with it called
trace depends on it...

you can do two things:

+ upgrade to libc6 (hamm): ask in the mailing list about lastest info
about it
+ unpack the module: dpkg -x ibcs.deb /tmp and install it manually the
module, eg: in /lib/modules/`uname -r`/misc and append to
/lib/modules/`uname -r/modules.dep the path of the module, in this case if
you use 2.0.32 it will be:

"/lib/modules/2.0.32/misc/iBCS.o:"

I hope you find usefull this info

	Ulisses
"Computers are useless. They can only give answers."            Pablo Picasso