Re: XF86 3.3.2 again

    : Yes.  The Debian X libraries have been compiled reentrantly for a long
    : time, IIRC.

   I heard that quite a few times, though I still have problems during
   development within the Mnemonic Project. I recompiled the libraries
   according to the instructions in the LinuxThreads package some time ago, and
   those problems disappeared.

   So IMHO those libraries ain't thread-safe (the problems were thread-related;
   GTK exited with errors pointing to threading problems in the X lib's).

If that's the case, you should report it as a bug in the Debian
bug-tracking system.  In case you don't know how to do that, there's
more info at <URL:http://www.debian.org/Bugs>.