Re: XFree86 3.3.2 package?

Ossama Othman <othman@astrosun.tn.cornell.edu> writes:

> Any estimates on when XFree86 3.3.2 will be available as a Debian package?
> I need to use one of the new servers (Millenium II AGP) that is available
> in it.  I could get it from the XSuSe site but it is linked against
> libc5, and I was hoping to get a libc6 linked version.

For now, you can download just the server itself.  Not much else has
changed.  What I did:

1. Download X332SVGA.tgz from the appropriate directory.
2. Stop xdm (`/etc/init.d/xdm stop').
3. Move the Debian version aside safely:
    # dpkg-divert --rename /usr/X11R6/bin/XF86_SVGA
4. Untar the downloaded server and put it in /usr/X11R6/bin/XF86_SVGA.
5. Restart xdm.

I did this to fix an annoying bug with disabled menus and buttons in
XEmacs and xv, with the S3 ViRGE in 16bpp mode.

	  GNU GPL: "The Source will be with you... always."