Re: newbie setup of ppp

When apiercey@fox.nstn.ca wrote, I replied:

> Hi
>
>     I've just install debian linux and I'm having problems getting ppp
> working. I have the modem setup and the pon script will dial and I get
> a connection but pppd just hangs up after about ten seconds. I've gone
> through the FAQ's and HOW to's but I can't seem to figure out what I'm
> doing wrong.  I realize I'm not giving much detail here, I'm hoping
> it is a simple newbie error that more experienced users will know the
> answer to.

Did you run seyon or dip or kermit or something to see what your ISP
presents and determine whether what you reply achieves a connection?
Did you then use the knowlege thus gained to create an appropriate
/etc/ppp/chatscript?  What does /etc/ppp/connect-errors look like?
The answers to these and, perhaps other, questions will enable us
better to help you.

> TIA
>
> Al Piercey
> apiercey@acadiau.ca