Re: Commands

Will hat gesagt: // Will wrote:

> Were could I find a list of basic Linux commands?  (ie. Linux equivs. of
>
> DOS's TYPE, PRINT, ect.)

It depends on how you would define the term "basic". If you hit the TAB-Key
twice your shell tries to complete your not yet typed command with every
command it knows. This gives me more than 1500 completions...

A lot of "basic" commands are build into your shell. If you use bash try
"info bash" to see info about them.

Also the "apropos" command gives an overview of what's available in a certain
topic. Try "apropos print" e.g.

Then of course there are the manual pages. If you have X installed you could
use "xman" to get a listing of every command that comes with a man page.

--
  Frank Barknecht		Das Koelner Stadt- und Unimagazin