Re: Smail/Sendmail Question

Hi,
>>"Graham" == Graham Lillico +44 1785 248131 <Graham> writes:

Graham> Hello, I was wondering if the following is possible using
Graham> either Smail or Sendmail,

	Simple in sendmail.

Graham> What I want to do is to use smail or sendmail mail to deliver
Graham> my internet email, The problem I have is that I need one of
Graham> these packages to deliver any local mail or network mail to
Graham> the appropriate user/server, but to queue all internet email
Graham> until my dialup connection is established using ppp, I also
Graham> need smail or sendmail to change the "from" address of the
Graham> email to the address of my internet email account, (i.e. email
Graham> bound for the internet needs the "From" address changed from
Graham> "graham@mail.org" which is my Linux box to
Graham> "graham@internet.com" my internet email account).

Graham> Is this possible?  if so how.

OSTYPE(debian)dnl
FEATURE(masquerade_envelope)dnl
define(`confDELIVERY_MODE', `queue')
MAILER(local)dnl
MAILER(smtp)dnl
Cwinternet.com
MASQUERADE_AS(internet.com)dnl

	Put that in /etc/mail/sendmail.mc. Add in any other neat
 features. I also like
FEATURE(use_cw_file)dnl
FEATURE(use_ct_file)dnl
FEATURE(redirect)dnl
define(`confME_TOO', True)dnl

# anti spam hacks, but these need external files to be set up, so use
# with care
HACK(use_ip)
HACK(check_rcpt4)
HACK(check_mail2)

Graham> Also is smail the default mail daemon of Debian?  if so then
Graham> using the default mail daemon would be preferable.

	Yes, it is. OOOps. Sorry, I do not do smail.

	manoj
--
 Saint: A dead sinner revised and edited. Ambrose Bierce