[OFF-TOPIC] less with built-in grep ?

I am looking for a way to get

	grep foo bar | less

on my screen, when I am already looking at

	less bar

Ideally, this would be some kind of internal less command meaning

	(only display lines matching 'regexp')

With the example above, I suppose I could write some kind of macro, opening
shell output, but it gets much more interesting when I am looking at

	program | less

and I do not want to execute program again, and I also want to be able to go
back to un-grepped output without executing program again.

Is there a neat way of doing this ? For exemple, I saw that there is an
xless .deb; is this possible with xless (though I prefer staying in my
xterm, of course), or is there something I missed in the less man ?

TIA

--
#include <std-disclaim.h>                                Lorens Kockum