Re: printer....

1.  Take a look at the Printing HOWTOs.  Yes there are two of them.  I
can't remember their names at the moment, but I remember them being strong
on different points.

2.  Get a print filter, I reccomend magicfilter.  I believe one of the
HOWTO's says that there are two programs called 'magicfilter' or 'magic
filter' out there.  You want the one I have, whichever that is :)  It
appears (from the man page) to have been authored by H. Peter Anvin.  It
is available as a Debian package.

3.  Assuming the printer is not a PS printer, get GS and set it up.  I
reccomend GS 5 from non-free.  It works with more printers, and it
superior in some other ways.  I certainly hope that Alladin will decide to
continue their excellent tradition of giving old versions of GS to GNU.
Note that GS 5 is free for you for most if not all purposes.

Britton Kerin