RE: Running just an X-server

You need an Xserver package for nt/95.  I use Exceed from Hummingbird
Communications LTD.  I have heard that there are some free ones floating
around, but I don't know about an nt version.  There are lots of commercial
packages to choose from but the ones I know about are expensive.

You need to install all the x client things you want on debian (xbase,...) but
skip the x server.  You may also be able to skip the fonts if your nt x-server
has its own.

jim