Re: disk partitions (part 3) ... :D

On Tue, 3 Mar 1998, Peter Paluch wrote:

>[snip]
>
> I think that is rather simple by doing (in dos) 'fdisk /mbr'. However, I'm
> afraid it erases LILO out of the MBR as well.
>
>[snip]

I guess installing LILO on the boot sector of the linux partition will
have the save result as placing it in the MBR. I installed Linux first,
and then win95. It should still be possible to boot Linux, but as I have
to init my soundcard with a DOS util, I use loadlin.
Installing LILO on the bootsector of the linux partition and making it
bootable is quite a good way of booting and still having a win95 MBR.

Greetings,
 Maarten Bezemer