Re: upgrading to current smail

On Fri, 27 Feb 1998, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 27, 1998 at 07:12:51AM -0600, Richard E. Hawkins Esq. wrote:
> >
> > I've had to install the bo smail, and leave it htere the last few months.

> Really, smail 3.2.0.100 is broken at the moment. There a couple of things
> you can try, please see the bug reports on the debian web page.
>
> > Is there a doc somewhere on debugging after the upgrade?
>
> The bug reports are the best source of information at the moment. Another
> one are the man pages. You have to recreate your config files.

I've read the bug reports, and I haven't figured out how to get it to work
with fetchmail & pine.  The only thing I've gotton out of the bug reports
is that its broken (and probably because smail is now following the RFC).
I'll stick with bo (for smail) until someone can summarize how to get
hamm to work for someone with ppp.

Mark.
blunier@concentric.net