Re: diagnosing smail

David Stern writes:
> I wonder what chance there is that MH is causing this turmoil (I switched
> back to MH from nmh, but at the higher hamm level.)

For these sorts of experiments I find it best to just use the 'mail'
command.  This eliminates any confusion about who is doing what to which
headers.  For figuring out what it takes to satisfy my isp's sendmail
rules, I telnet to their smtp port and type smtp commands in directly.

I've never been able to get conditionals to work right in the smail config
file either.