Re: APC UPS'es

> I am just trying to find out a quikly if the APC UPS is compatible with
> Linux. I am not to sure and I don't want to purchase the wrong one for a
> client.

Sure is!  We have 6 APC BackUPS-Pro 650's here (4 workstations and 2
servers) under "genpower" using the "apc-pnp" cable supported by the
version in Hamm.  They work great!

The "apc-pnp" and "apc-advanced" cable types should work on everything
from a BackUPS-Pro to a Matrix-UPS.

There is also the "apcd" package that uses the smart-signalling mode.  I
haven't been able to get it to work with the pnp cable that comes with the
newer apc shipments.

                                          Brian
                                 ( bcwhite@verisim.com )