Re: `-- MARK --' in syslog every 20 minutes

On Fri, Feb 27, 1998 at 05:22:00PM -0500, Thomas Lakofski wrote:
> Hmmm, I just upgraded some hamm packages (don't remember which, but they
> changed in the last few days) and now my syslog gets

You've upgraded sysklogd to the most recent version, as it's maintainer
you may believe me.

> Feb 27 12:55:14 mu -- MARK --
>
> in it every 20 minutes.  Anybody else getting this?

*ROTFL*

	I'm getting bugreports because it doesn't work.
	People now wonder that it works.
	This is silly.

rtfm btw:

       -m interval
              The syslogd logs a mark  timestamp  regularly.  The
              default interval between two -- MARK -- lines is 20
              minutes. This can be changed with this option.

So if you don't want to receive this either set a higher interval
or add mark.none to the lines in /etc/syslog.conf.

Regards,

	Joey