Re: stm (was Console resolution (Was Viewing bootup message))

[A heck of a lot clipped]

> > I hope that will be of some use to you.
> >

> Apparently not... I am beginning to think I need to raise some money for a
> new monitor.. :( limits: 30-50 horiz 50-75 Vert
> Oh well...

Well, you can change the first number on the modeline, I beleive it's
the dot clock.  Lowering that will allow you to drive the monitor at a
lower synch rate.

'Sides, I had a monitor which had about the same specs once, and I ran @ 100x37
but at ~70 Hz, IIRC.  You should be able to do the same (hint: you should be
able to drive the 100x37 mode at the same frequency you drive your monitor when
in 800x600 graphical mode).  Unfortunately, I don't know what happened to that
particular configuration.  Sorry.

Again, be darn careful when fooling around with SVGATextMode.  Keep one console
with "stm 80x25" ready, and your finger on the monitor's off switch. :)

--
Benoit Goudreault-Emond
Reply to: bgoudem@axess.com