Re: Broken Man pages after uprade!

On Mon, Feb 23, 1998 at 02:07:21PM -0500, Scott Ellis wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Feb 1998, Timothy M. Hospedales wrote:
>
> > I just installed the man-db and manpages packges from hamm. (Before
> > I was using the old ones from Bo).
> > Now, whenever I try to man anything, it says:
> > sh: /usr/bin/pager: No such file or directory
> > sh: exec: /usr/bin/pager: cannot execute: No such file or directory.
> >
> > Where can I get this pager thing, or whatever is required to fix this?
>
> Either install an updated "less" package, or set the environment variable
> PAGER to the pager you want to use.

or use "man -P" alias "man --pager"   (third solution)

	-P, --pager pager           use program `pager' to display output.

This seems a good candidate as a FAQ, expecially now that people will
start to upgrade their bo systems using bo-unstable (where you won't
find the "updated" pagers), so I have prepared a "bogus" pager which
will be installed by version -61 (hamm) and -59bo61 (bo-unstable),
just to avoid the error message.

fab