Re: Using Debian Linux for Dumb Terminals

Well, I recently found out that the Equinox Megaport 8CS is not a dumb
UART board--not supported by Linux.

If you're looking for a multiport serial board with support for Linux,
you have two recommended options. If the computer you connect it to is
fast, and you want to save money, you can get a Boca BB-2008 for about
US $199 (8 ports).

If your processor is low on power, you can get a Cyclades Cyclom-Y
board with 8 ports for about US $600. Check out their Web sites at
http://www.bocaresearch.com and http://www.cyclades.com. Hope this
helps.

Jeff

---Lindsay Allen <allen@cleo.murdoch.edu.au> wrote:

> Hi Jeff,
>
> I have been following the thread.  My school (the one I'm the Tech
for)
> could use an 8 port card but $$$ are in short supply.  Have you got
any
> pointers to not-so-expensive cards?
>
> The idea here is to have several modems for dial-in use.
>
> Lindsay

> > terminals
> > >
> > > We have a 16-port BocaBoard, and there is a very handly little
HOWTO