Re: A simple problem with dselect ...

On 25 Feb, David Wright wrote:
> On Wed, 25 Feb 1998, Nebu John Mathai wrote:
>
>> I tried to remove a package and under "Select..." selected to remove the
>> package. Then I went to "Remove..." and dselect removed almost every
>> package I had installed since the beginning (including the one I had asked
>> it for).
>>
>> I know I'm doing something stupid ... I just don't know what it is.
>
> Is it possible that you accidently pressed - or _ when one of the top few
> lines was highlighted: All Packages, or Up To Date Installed Packages etc.
> This should have a pretty dramatic effect!

Hopefully in the new 'deity' project(the dselect replacment) something
like this will have a confirmation on it, like ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO
REMOVE *ALL* PACKAGES!!!.  Currenlty dselect silently obeys and marks
all packages under the heading, yikes!

Can any deity members give feedback on this?
--
Brian