Re: security problem (tcp/ip)

Benoit Joly <jolb01@gel.usherb.ca> writes:

> 	i found that everyone on our hubs can get my ftp, and pop3 password so
> easy with a sniffer.
> can i do something against that, because now i dont trust tcpip transfert,
> it send all my user name and password in ascii code.

Get ssh from a Debian non-US mirror.  This will solve most of your
problems.  For pop3, you can forward it over ssh, or use something
with APOP authentication if the content of your email isn't sensitive.

You can also plant fake emails and see who's reading them by the
rumors that start to spread...

	  GNU GPL: "The Source will be with you... always."