Re: Matrox Millenium II again

I think Xinside Accelerated X 4.1 supports the Matrox Series. I thikn it is
overall better than XFree86 since most of the drivers are optimized for the
specific cards.

check it out youreself  www.xinside.com

The package doesn't come free though. It cost $100 but I think it is well
worth it.

> Hello Debian-users,
>
> I have installed Debian Linux 1.3.1 (from InfoMagic CD-set dated
> Aug 97). Next I would like to have XFree86 running, but with my
> Matrox Millenium II I have faced some problems (I have Nokia 447Xpro
> terminal with line frequency range from 30 to 96 kHz and refresh
> frequency range from 50 to 150 Hz). I have made extensive search for
> help through newsgroups and several Linux links. It seems that in this
> mailing list there have been discussions about Millenium II as well.
> But it seems to me that there are various ways to deal with this
> problem and as a new Linux user I am a bit confused. XSuSE servers
> have been mentioned, on the other hand somebody says that only latest
> version of XFree86 is needed from XFree86 ftp site (they should have
> experimental version that supports Millenium II).
>
> I have tried XSuSE-server. I strictly followed the instructions in their
> web-page under "Installation of the XSuSE-X-Server", ie. I downloaded the
> relevant *.tgz files (both the server and xf86config) and untarred them as
> instructed. Then I run xf86config. If I then run XF86Setup, while
> selecting card I get an error message. Matrox Millenium II is on the
> list, but apparently cannot be selected.
>
> I would be extremely happy if somebody could write down short step by
> step instructions for the XFree86 installation with Matrox Millenium II,
> either with XSuSE-server or some other valid way.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Antti
>

> --

        _  ,/|   Chi Wong
       '\O.O'    "Life is a shitload of TESTS !"
       =(_ _)=   cw005e@uhura.cc.rochester.edu
        /  |     phreak@cif.rochester.edu
       //|  \    http://www.cif.rochester.edu/~phreak/main.html