isdn shorthold support - eicon/diehl diva2

     I want to run PPP over ISDN into an NT4 RAS. I could use diald to give
     me connectivity on demand, but if the "shorthold" feature is possible,
     I'd like to use that.

     I need to be able to re-establish the link with activity from either
     end, and by using shorthold I could achieve this with just the D
     channel and avoid the authentication dialogue each time.

     I'm using an Eicon DIVA 2.0 an anticipate using HiSax. Perhaps its
     already built in, but I've RTFMed and can't find anything.

     Any less than obvious pitfalls in getting this to fly?

     Thanks for your time.

     Piers