Q: Sendmail outgoing From: mapping

Hello, I'm having a bit of difficulty using the /etc/userdb.db method to
map usernames.

I think the problem is coming in with this step:

-- from sendmail faq --
 First, create your input file. This should have lines
   like:

        loginname:mailname      DifferentName
        DifferentName:maildrop  loginname

   Install it in (for example) /etc/userdb. Create the database:
        makemap btree /etc/userdb.db < /etc/userdb
------

Is anyone familiar with what goes in these fields?  In trying to map
outgoing mail from crodrick@webexpress.com to support@webexpress.com, I've
tried making the /etd/userdb source file contain:

crodrick:crodrick	support
support:maildrop	crodrick

and a few variations on this (making sure to tab delimit..)

Below are the steps I've taken, which might help rule out suggestions
regarding obvious errors:

I've installed the sendmail.cf file as outlined in the sendmail FAQ at
www.sendmail.org, and used sendmailconfig to install the new .cf from the
.mc file restart the daemon. I've looked at /etc/sendmail.cf to verify
that it's actually being installed with the options I've chosen.  Test
messages from this account to local and remote locations still contain the
real from: address.

Thanks.

			-pete