Re: dpkg secrets

On Sun, 22 Feb 1998, David Stern wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there a nice way to determine when I installed a package?
>
> Right now I'm manually comparing my /var/lib/dpkg/status* files.

One way to see when you last installed or upgraded a package, is to look
at the modification time of the /usr/doc/<package-name> directory, since
at least one new file (the new changelog) is installed into this
directory at every upgrade.

Not a very nice way, but it works for the majority of the packages.

Remco