Re: lpr wants /usr/spool???

torsten wrote
> "Richard E. Hawkins Esq." <hawk@eyry.econ.iastate.edu> writes:

> > > check your /etc/printcap file.

> > ahah, you're right.  I took it from one of the workstations.  But
> > this begs the question as to why it worked for weeks before this
> > . . .

> Because the symlink /usr/spool pointing to /var/spool was removed in
> the one of latest base-files package.

it just got curiouser.  I changed /etc/printcap to use /var/spool, and it wouldn't work, complaining that the file didn't exist (though it didn't say which file).  I changed it back to /usr/spool, restarted the daemon, and it prints fine

rick

--
These opinions will not be those of ISU until it pays my retainer.