Re: FrameMaker

On Sat, Feb 21, 1998 at 03:10:38PM -0800, George Bonser wrote:
> I have written to Adobe and they have informed me that no Linux version of
> FramMaker exists or is planned.

FrameMaker is being developed using gcc, and there has been a usenet posting
by one of the Adobe engineers that it would be very easy to port to Linux.
The problem appears to be with folks in Adobe's management who don't think
it is profitable to do a Linux port (mainly because of quality assurance).

If you want to see a Linux port, write to Adobe. If enough people ask for
it, they will hopefully reconsider.

Ray
--
POPULATION EXPLOSION  Unique in human experience, an event which happened
yesterday but which everyone swears won't happen until tomorrow.