xterm-color under hamm?

I have recently installed libc6 and parts of hamm (particularly those the
HOWTO said had to be installed.  I also installed some Xaw packages, and
removed one because I didn't like the way it made xterm look.  Perhaps
this last is where my problems originate.

I don't know how to get color xterms now.  I note that there is no longer
a xterm-color entry in /etc/terminfo/x.  color ls no longer works, which
always used to even with TERM=xterm.  The ctrl-righ_click and
ctrl-left_click commands in xterm no longer pop up the same menus; there
are fewer options and (no app-defaults) appears at the head of each menu.
Anyone know what I should do?

Note to the person who in response to my advice to a third person informed
me that xterm-color was going away:  you were right.  I saved your email,
but then it got eaten when I tried to set up fetchmail.

Britton