Re: Question - Hamm, Mgetty, PPP, wtmp - Arrgh!

David Wright wrote:

> > The modem settings are identical.  The modem firmware revisions are
> > identical.  The mgetty configuration lines are the same.  The inittab
> > lines are the same.  This is really bizarre.  It used to work with bo,
> > and one of my mgetty upgrades killed it a long time back.  I asked back
> > then, and nobody offered to help.
>
> So when you shuffle the modems around on the ports, does the same port
> show the speed, or the same modem? At least that should eliminate the
> possibility of differing modems.

We see this on our modems when the init is changed. There is a command
to tell the modem to report the serial port speed or the connection
speed. I can look it up tonight..

ACtually, I just looked at the USR manual online. You have to have
ATX7 and make sure the dip switch 7 is set the same on all the modems.

Tim

--
 (work) sailer@bnl.gov / (home) tps@buoy.com - http://www.buoy.com/~tps
       When in darkness or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout.