[Q] cp /etc/smb.conf /dev/lp0 -- does not work

Hello,
after I upgraded to hamm (on Dec 19, 1997) and now latest kernel
(2.1.86) -- I always have to hit Feed button to get anything out of the
printer.  The same printer (Okidata laser 710e) works fine for NT.
Did something get changed in the settings of /dev/lp0 or may be
parport device driver that it does not send form feed characters now?

Thanks in advance,
Vladislav