INN NEWS Server.

Hello.

I have installed a Debian 1.3.1 system om a server out on
the internet. The server acts as a http and mail server running
apache and smail on a Pentium 100.

I also have installed the INN package and the package maintainers
configuration is good enough for me because I want to run it all by
it self with no connection to the USENET.
I have a problem that I can´t find a solution for, I´ve checked the
docs and FAQs I could find on the net but none could solve my problem.

The problem is:
I can use the server with a lot of different mail readers, there is no
problem with the transmission of articles.
The problem is, I don´t see the "From:" line in the newsreader.
First I was convinced that the problem was client-related but then
the "other guys" (win guys) told me that theirs clients (free agent)
gets the "From:" line when they connect to other USENET NEWS
servers.

I´ve also heard that it might be a "variable" problem in the server.

Can someone help us?
By the way, is there any capability to protect the INN server with password?