Re: NEC 4 cd changer

On Tue, 17 Feb 1998, Shaleh wrote:

> Can someone point me towards docs on how cd changers function under
> 2.0.x kernels.  I would appreciate it.

/usr/src/linux/Documentation/cdrom/ide-cd

[begin quote]
 - There is now rudimentary support for cdrom changers which comply
   with the ATAPI 2.6 draft standard (such as the NEC CDR-251).  This
   merely adds a function to switch between the slots of the changer
   under control of an external program.  A sample such program is
   appended to the end of this file.
[end quote]

Regards

marco

marco anglesio mpa at squawk dot ml dot org   | Life would be tolerable
visit squawk: http://squawk.ml.org            | but for its amusements.
read SURFACE: http://asus.queensu.ca/~surface | -- G. B. Shaw