Re: Bullshit-->Fired for Linux?

There may be some small validity to it.  In LJ, even that guy who put all
the alpha cpus together over 100 mbps ethernet, debugging the code for the
alphas along the way, in order to render the water for the movie
'Titanic', said 'The satisfaction in this success actually made up for the
stress incurred in risking one's job and career'.  In the EE department of
our school there is a new professsor who has made big waves (and some
devoted friends) by stripping out a bunch of Win95 systems from the labs
he is responsible for and replacing them with Linux systems.  People
whined incessantly while we got accounts set up, printing and netscape
working, etc.  At first all they did on the systems was login quake
password quake, but I notice that in recent days xpilot has come to
predominate (following the traditional substance over style evolutionary
pattern which almost always favors Linux).  Still, the amount of heat he
took for the operation was considerable, and it probably had a negative
impact overall on his student reviews (with high standard deviation of
course, as there are a number of people who approve completely).  All in
all then, I have to agree that the article has a point, though the tone
with which they expressed it was disgusting.  Linux really isn't right for
gutless corporate weasles with little knowledge about what they
are doing and impatient closed-minded bosses.