Re: How to setup Linux Network

On Tue, 17 Feb 1998, Dai Jian Jun wrote:

 : >I am a newer of Linux , I have already download the
 : >   base-1.bin  base-2.bin  base-3.bin  base-4.bin  base-5.bin
 : >   resc1440.bin   drv1440.bin
 : >and install the them on a compaq 4/66  ,
 : >I configed the network about ip address , gateway and ethernet
 : >network card etc   , and then install the  base-1 to base-5
 : >diskettes (is my installation right ), I can login as root and
 : >my personal account , but the problem is appeared
 :
 : >I CAN NOT RUN FTP/PING/TELNET etc THAT THE SYSTEM TOLD ME THE
 : >NETWORK UNREACHABLE
 :
 : >where is the problem , how can i solve it ? by the way what is the
 : >usage of base1_3.tgz
 : >JianJun (jjdai@pek-co.cn.dhl.com)

Is 'route' displaying correct information? Did you complete the
dselect-setup program?

bye,
Remco