Re: afterstep config file in /tmp

On 13 Feb 1998, Gilbert Laycock wrote:

> Does anybody have any idea what causes the steprcXXXX not to be deleted
> for some users? I suspect something in the personal setup files (this is
> a student lab, and once somebody gets a nice looking setup it tends to
> be copied around), but since I am not an afterstep user I haven't been
> able to spot anything untoward in the .steprc files concerned.

That file is there because afterstep cpp's the configuration files (either
/etc/X11/afterstep/system.steprc or ~/.steprc) and put the result there.
It fails to delete it if the user zaps the xserver (C-A-backspace). Maybe
newer versions of AS don't have this problem (it's 1.4 already, and
there's a whislist bug filed against the current Debian package)

				Marcelo