Re: hamm timezones problem

On Mon, 16 Feb 1998, Tim Bell wrote:

> First, a meta-question: is this the right list to be asking
> hamm-specific questions, or is there a developers list which is
> preferred for such things?

AFAIK this is the right list.

> Now, the problem:
>
> $ date
> Mon Feb 16 23:26:53 /etc/localtime 1998

I had this problem when I upgraded to hamm after installing only the base
system, so the timezone package from bo which took care about
/etc/localtime wasnt installed. I dont know exactly how the new timezones
package should handle this, but here is a workaround: remove timezones,
install timezone from bo, then reinstall timezones.

Greg

--
Madarasz Gergely           gorgo@caesar.elte.hu         gorgo@linux.rulez.org
              HuLUG: http://www.cab.u-szeged.hu/local/linux/