more ?s on ISDN and PPP ...

Hi,

A while ago I posted a question on how to set up a TA to use
sync mode, etc. from within chat.  I now have the init
string for my TA, but chat gags on it.  The output from ppp
is useless.  It just exits with no error.  The init string
is AT$N1=1, which works from within minicom and I can
display the data transfer rate with AT\S to be 64K (sync
mode).  But chat can't apparently send this string.  I tried
escaping it with a \, but that didn't work.

Any ideas on how to pass this init string in chat?  My chat
string looks like this:

chat -v "" atq0v1x3$n1=1 OK atdtxxxxxxxx CONNECT

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

--

"Until we extend the circle of our compassion to all living
things, we will not ourselves find peace" -Albert Schweitzer

Richard G. Roberto