Debian and FHS?

At the moment Debian follows the directory structure found in the
FSSTND.

Are there any plans to follow FHS in the near future?

The biggest change I found is that /var/lib completely disappears
(well it is deprecated now and to be removed in the feature) and is
replaced by /var/state.  The introduction of /opt should be of no
relevance for a basic distribution.

        Torsten

--
I haven't lost my mind -- it's backed up on tape somewhere.
                                            Fortune Cookie